Who We Are
We are a family of evangelical Christian believers in the village of Norland in the north end of City of Kawartha Lakes on highway 35 in Central Ontario. Our folks live in a beautiful area of Ontario with many lakes, some farms, and lots of forest. Some of our families have roots in the area as original settlers, while others are recent arrivals from the city seeking a rural life or as retirees. We are a blend of young families, teens, young adults, through to seniors.
Our affiliation as a local church is with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist churches of Canada, a group of 550 churches across the Canada with mission activities around the globe. We hold firmly to the Bible as God's revealed word to humanity. All of our programs and materials reflect this truth.
What We Believe
- Christ - We believe in the absolute and essential deity of Jesus Christ, in His eternal existence with the Father in pre-incarnate glory, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return. (Colossians 2:9, Colossians 1:17, Isaiah 7:14, 1 Peter 2:22-24, Romans 1:1-4, Hebrews 1:3, Hebrews 7:25, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- The Holy Spirit - We believe in the absolute and essential deity and personality of the Holy Spirit who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgment; who regenerates, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ. (John 14:16-17, John 14:26, John 15:26-27, John 16:7-11, Romans 8:1-14, 1 Corinthians 12:13)
- Satan - We believe Satan exists as an evil personality, the originator of sin, the archenemy of God and man. (Isaiah 14:12-17, Ezekiel 28:11-19, Ephesians 6:12, 2 Corinthians 4:4, 2 Corinthians 11:14, Revelations12:9, 11 )
- Man - We believe that man was divinely created in the image of God; that he sinned, becoming guilty before God, resulting in total depravity, thereby incurring physical and spiritual death. (Genesis 1:27, Psalm 51:5, Isaiah 53:6, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23)
- The Church and State - We believe in the entire separation of church and state. (Matthew 22:21, Acts 4:18-20, Acts 5:27-29)
- The Lord's Day - We believe that the first day of the week is the Lord's day and that, in a special sense, it is the divinely appointed day for worship and spiritual exercise. (Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2, Revelation 1:10)
- Future Things - We believe in the personal, bodily and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ; in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust; in the eternal blessedness of the redeemed and in the judgement and conscious, eternal punishment of the wicked. (Acts 1:9-11, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, John 5:28, Revelation 20:11-15)
Ordinances - We believe that there are only two ordinances for the church regularly observed in the New Testament in the following order:
1. Baptism, which is the immersion of the believer in water, whereby he obeys Christ's command and sets forth his identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. (Matthew 3:13-16, Acts 8:36-39, Matthew 26:26-30, Romans 6:3-5)
2. The Lord's Supper, which is the memorial wherein the believer partakes of the two elements, bread and wine, which symbolizes the Lord's body and shed blood, proclaiming His death until He comes. (Matthew 26:26-30, 1 Corinthians 11:23-32)
- Religious Liberty - We believe in religious liberty; that every man has the right to practice and propagate his beliefs. (Acts 5:27-28)
- Civil Government - We believe that civil government is of divine appointment for the interest and good order of society; that magistrates are to be prayed for, conscientiously honoured and obeyed, except only in things opposed to the will of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who is the only Lord of the conscience and Prince of the kings of the earth. (Romans 13:1-7, 1 Timothy 2:1-2, 1 Peter 2:13-17, Titus 3:1, Acts 5:29, Mark 12:17)